Organic farming is a system, which avoids or largely excludes the use of synthetic inputs (such as fertilizers, pesticides, hormones, feed additives etc) and to the maximum extent feasible rely upon crop rotations, crop residues, animal manures, off-farm organic waste, mineral grade rock additives and biological system of nutrient mobilization and plant protection
Is there a need to practice the organic farming?
With the increase in population, our compulsion would be not only to stabilize agricultural production but also to increase it further in a sustainable manner. Excessive use over years of agro-chemicals like pesticides and fertilizers may affect the soil health and lead to declining of crop yields and quality of products. Hence, a natural balance needs to be maintained at all cost for the existence of life and property. The obvious choice would be judicious use of agro-chemicals and more and more use of naturally occurring material in farming systems.
What are the benefits of organic farming?
- It helps in maintaining environmental health by reducing the level of pollution
- It reduces human and animal health hazards by reducing the level of residues in the product
- It helps in keeping agricultural production at a higher level and makes it sustainable
- It reduces the cost of agricultural production and also improves the soil health
- It ensures optimum utilization of natural resources for the short-term benefit and helps in conserving them for future generation.
- It not only saves energy for both animal and machine but also reduces the risk of crop failure
- It improves the soil physical properties such as granulation, and good tilth, good aeration, easy root penetration and improves water-holding capacity.
- It improves the soil’s chemical properties such as supply and retention of soil nutrients and promotes favourable chemical reactions.
Why ineem cake?
- It’s bio-degradable and can be used with many other different types of fertilizers.
- It will enhance the efficiency other fertilizers you use because it will inhibit nitrification
- Also, it’s Very Cost Effective because the fertilizer in them lasts longer. The Neem cake remains effective until the next crop is planted because of its long sustaining organic fertilizer compounds too. This, in turn, cuts the cost of having to add extra nutrients; always a bonus.
- It releases slowly which means the nutrient release is uniform. This ensures constant growth of your crops or plants during the growing season. Because it will release the nutrients slowly that means your crops will have nutrients throughout the growing time.
- The Neem cakes act as a nutrient for plants instead of being a nutrient collector. The Neem cake contains NPK (nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium) plus other micronutrients so your plants are fed continually.
- The use of Neem cakes too will increase the water holding capability of the soil and improve soil structure. With the soil improvement, there will be an increase in beneficial organisms like earthworms also. Plus, Neem Cakes will control harmful organisms like nematodes and pathogens. And the use of these cakes reduces the alkaline content in the soil because when they decompose, this produces organic acids.